Dance is a fantastic form of exercise and our adults dance classes will help you develop your dance skills, improve your coordination, meet new people and get fit all whilst having fun! We have adult dance classes suitable for everyone whether you are a complete beginner or have been dancing for years. Check out our adult dance classes below and come along!
Latin and Ballroom Class
A structured class in which you will be taught the steps, technique and routine in all your favourite latin and ballroom dances including…
- Rumba – a slow romantic dance, originating from Cuba.
- Salsa – A very popular dance. It’s sexy, fast paced and lots of fun!
- Samba – An energetic, Brazilian dance, great for getting fit and toning up.
- Cha Cha – A cheeky Latin Dance, a brilliant way to burn stress and improve your coordination.
- Paso Doble – A very distinctive dance based on the Spanish Bullfights.
- Jive – A lively dance that is lots of fun to learn, also a great workout.
- Waltz – A romantic dance, both graceful and elegant, perfect for improving your posture
- Quickstep – A glamorous dance which is both smooth and energetic, good for toning and fun to learn.
- Tango– A sensual ballroom dance that originated in South America, a very popular dance often seen in the movies.
- Foxtrot – A slow, gliding dance. Excellent for improving your timing and coordination.
- Viennese Waltz – The classic, original Waltz often featured in old films.
Latin and ballroom dancing is lots of fun, making it a very popular style of dance. In classes you will learn steps, routines and footwork relevant to the level of your class. All the dances are danced with a partner but you do not have to bring one with you, as we can usually find everyone someone to dance with! Participants need to wear comfortable clothing and shoes. Our students also have the opportunity to progress onto taking ISTD medal tests and many go on to enter the ISTD regional competitions.
Latin and Ballroom Social/Class
This is similar to our Latin and Ballroom Class but the session includes some social dancing along with the tuition. This gives you the opportunity to not only learn new steps and improve your technique but to also practice what you have learned and meet some new people. This session is open to all abilities and NO partner is required as there are always plenty of people to dance with.
We are always adding to our classes, if there is something else you would like to see available at our studio get in touch and let us know.
What about the children! We have a wide range of kids dance classes – click here to see dance class styles and descriptions.